My usual "it works and it's quick" method for pants ~ blogged here
He's a bit mad for surfing at the moment (well, we did move closer to the beach!)
So I thought I'd attempt my first appliqué!
It was really easy.
I cut out a surfboard shape from some funky (re-purposed) velvet.
I ironed the design in place on the shorts with adhesive webbing
picked up at the supermarket!
Then, 'Some people in the know' recommended I hold a piece of paper to
the back as I sewed around the design with a zigzag stitch on my machine.
This is how it looked on the reverse once I'd finished.
Although more than one person has thought it was a leaf...